[DC LoCo] Tidbits (and tidbytes?)

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 20 20:12:46 BST 2007

Hi all,

1) Maco suggested using the Topics feature of Mailman
   to make our single list serve two audiences.  I've
   wanted a good excuse to fool around with the Topics
   feature, and have created a single topic called
   "Planning".  However, it's not very configured yet.
   Thanks for the suggestion, maco, and if you have
   prior experience with the Topics feature, feel free
   to share...

2) We now have an Idealist.org listing at

      http://www.idealist.org/en/org/168066-181

   See also Sanjay's Open Source for Non-Geeks listing at

      http://www.idealist.org/en/org/167223-72

   Sign up for one or both...  (I suggest both.)

3) Speaking of Open Source for Non-Geeks... Sanjay's been
   talking w/ the good folks at the Cleveland Park Library:

      http://dclibrary.org/branches/cpk/

   and I've been talking with Sanjay. The powers-that-be at
   the library have graciously granted a room for teaching
   computer classes.  Now all they need is computers...
   well... really, "hardware" of all sorts: power strips,
   maybe some of Flint's cool kiosk/work racks, something
   to amp up a wireless signal and perhaps act as a router
   to wired machines, methods of securing the hardware, etc.
   So, put on your thinking caps, and consider possibilities
   of what, when and how and who.  We've got the where and
   why covered. ;-)

   (Jeff, I may ask for that machine you just took...  Sorry
   'bout that.)

4) Don't forget the interview podcast with the folks from
   Idealist.org currently slated for Friday, October 5, 7:00 PM
   at Taste of India.  (Sanjay, you too.  I forgot to mention
   it when we met, but you're more than welcome to attend.)

5) I *THINK* Canonical is providing MoinMoin to us.  Managing the
   spamming / vandalism will become their problem this time.  I'll
   try to remember to ask them to turn that on tomorrow morning,
   at which point we'll have a wiki again.

Now, back to paid work...  Ta-ta.