[DC LoCo] Help submit "Free Software for Busy People" for a Royal prize

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:16:51 BST 2007

Hi gang,

First, very quick: Everyone turn to your left and pat the next member on the
back.  ;-)  We had a very successful event at the Takoma Park Folk Festival
yesterday, and a smaller, but also good event at the Peoples Media Center at
Al Fishawy on Saturday evening.  More on both in a future message either
from me or anyone else feeling like chiming in.   I'd like to personally
thank Jeff, Nick, Mackenzie for tabling, schlepping, etc.  Also thanks go
out to Phil Shapiro for chronicling/videotaping the event, and Hank Young
for supplying photos, and a pen just when we needed it. ;-)  (Hank's CD is
on my desk.  The photos will probably go up on the web site tonight.) And an
honorable mention to Barry Warsaw for a bit of double-duty: After getting
off stage as a musician, he stopped by the table and switched hats to
promote Ubuntu -- and who better than a guy who now works for Canonical? ;-)

Speaking of Barry, you may recall his hat's in the ring for the Pizzigati
Prize for Software in the Public Interest (http://www.pizzigatiprize.org/).
While rooting for him, we have another of our local crowd trying for a
different prize, and that's really why I'm writing...  Maybe we can help.
Read on:

Next, I'm hoping

*Forwarded Conversation*