[DC LoCo] Add dc.ubuntu-us.org to your /etc/host files for a few days.

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 14 16:19:12 BST 2007

Hi,

Thanks to Nick and Matt (or Matt and Nick), plus the good sysadmins at
Canonical, we have a site again.  DNS repointing is coming, and may not
be in place by tomorrow. Alter your /etc/host files accordingly.

      <Ng> kjcole: ok, if you're on a unixy machine, you can
           put an entry in /etc/hosts dc.ubuntu-us.org pointing
           at 91.189.94.191 to browse the site
      <Ng> the links along the top look ok apart from maybe Sites
      <Ng> but that folder is presented as it was in the tarball,
           so I don't think it's a link issue
  <kjcole> Ng: Sites was my creation: A GoogleMap app driven from
           a PostgreSQL database on the old system containing the
           addresses and geocodes.
      <Ng> ah
      <Ng> kjcole: I'll put a request in to get the DNS repointed

So, there you have it.

      [This message is digitally signed with the GNU Privacy
      Guard (GPG). See http://www.gnupg.org/ for more info.]

 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/
 Washington, D.C.  (USA)       |   Phone: +1.202.234.0213

           ". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer