[DC LoCo] Network wiring help needed at Peoples Media Center

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:30:39 GMT 2007

Hi,

Ryme finally received her Verizon DSL kit (after Verizon / UPS lost it).
I've spent four hours trying to diagnose networking problems and
am giving up. Al Fishawy Cafe apparently lacks heat... I'm finally
cold.

We have internet when connected to a computer with a known, good
CAT-5 cable or via wireless
.
The problem is that there are lots of computers, hubs, routers,
switches, and cables that go every which way, and I've got no
skill in tracking down problems.  Wireless works, but the wired
connections to the various machines here are in need of serious
diagnostics.

Can someone else step up to the plate?

Thanks!
--