[DC LoCo] Can You Help Me?

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 27 00:44:38 GMT 2007

rodney2 at cavtel.net wrote:
> Dear Mr. Cole,
>
> Hi!  My name is Rodney Watkins.  I have a Toshiba Satellite
> A55-S1063 with a Intel Celeron-M processor, 512 MB RAM, 28
> GB HDD, and Windows XP SP2.  I installed Ubuntu through Wubi
> on it but when I restart the computer, it doesn't show the
> black-and-white screen that allows me to pick between Ubuntu
> and XP to boot.  I'm sure I did everything right.  The
> version of Ubuntu I tried to install was 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)
> and I picked 8 GB of installation space.  Can you please
> help me?

Hi,

I've never used Wubi, but according to the web site, Wubi
doesn't modify either the partitioning or the boot loader.
Therefore, it must try to modify... the registry?  In other
words, Windows boots at least partially, then hands off to
Ubuntu, or is supposed to.  That would be my limited under-
standing.

Anyone else with a better grasp on Wubi care to chime in?