[DC LoCo] Hello from new member

ARTHUR MARTINSON arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Tue Dec 25 22:46:03 GMT 2007

Hi everyone. My name is Marti and I am a new member. I hope it is okay
to mail a general intro to the distro list.

With the help of friends I ran Red Hat for a few years. To my shame, for
the last 3.5 years I have been using a Windows laptop. I tried to
resurrect an old desktop (7-8+ years old) and did get Xubuntu to run for
two weeks. The hardware died Saturday, 12/22. RIP.

I am in the throes of deciding between two online stores: madtux or
system76. I am not a developer, a coder, a gamer, nor a day-trader. I am
just playing with options because I have to come in at $500 max before
shipping.

As Kevin said in an earlier email, I do live in Petworth, somewhat near
Al Fishawy. I have never been in.

I am an admin-weenie in Configuration Management; most of you probably
hate me already. :) I work 6:30 am to 3:00 PM, so my nights are pretty
early on weekdays. I hope to help out some weekend.

Whatever season or reason you celebrate, peace and joy.

Marti