[DC LoCo] Fwd: [Cleveland-Park] Free training; Websites using content management systems

Sanjay Jain oss.cleveland at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 16:16:56 GMT 2007

I had 15 responses in an hour!

~sanjay

"oss.cleveland" <oss.cleveland at yahoo.com> wrote: To: cleveland-park at yahoogroups.com
From: "oss.cleveland" <oss.cleveland at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:57:51 -0000
Subject: [Cleveland-Park] Free training; Websites using content management systems

                               Hi all,

 As part of the Free software support group at the CP library, I'm
 thinking of doing some free classes on how to build and maintain
 websites using content management systems (CMS).

 A content management system allows you to have a site where the design
 (look and feel) of the site are separated from the content (your
 message to the world). So many people are able to work on the content
 without messing up the design. Any one who's used a word processor
 would be able to update content.

 Most CMSs do not require you to install any software on your own
 computer. The software is at your host (web space provider). Often you
 can have a simple site running in a matter of hours. Usually the cost
 is around $5/month. No, this money dose not come to me :)

 Let me know if you're interested.

 ~Sanjay

             __._,_.___                                                 Messages in this topic           (1)                                          Reply           (via web post)           |                     Start a new topic
                                 Messages
                                                         ** RECOMMENDED WEBSITE:  http://www.meebo.com . Instant messaging without software. All you need is your web browser. **

 The Recommended Website is a new feature of the Cleveland Park Listserv, and will be updated every now and then.  These are websites that list members might find helpful or fun.  If you would like to recommend a website, send that site along with a brief description in your own words to the moderators at cleveland-park-owner at yahoogroups.com . We will mention your name if we use your recommendation. **

 Listserv FAQ: http://cpfaq.notlong.com
 Subscribe:  cleveland-park-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
 Switch to vacation mode (web only):  cleveland-park-nomail at yahoogroups.com
 Switch to daily digest:  cleveland-park-digest at yahoogroups.com
 Switch to individual messages:  cleveland-park-normal at yahoogroups.com
 List contact information at http://www.cleveland-park.com
 How to post a message and other information: http://www.cleveland-park.com
 Local news: http://www.nowpublic.com/tags/dc
 Share and view photos: http://www.flickr.com/groups/clevelandpark

                 Visit Your Group         |                Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use       |                Unsubscribe

                                                 Recent Activity

           26
       New Members

                      Visit Your Group
                                                                          Yahoo! News
  Kevin Sites
  Get coverage of
  world crises.

                                            New web site?
  Drive traffic now.
  Get your business
  on Yahoo! search.

                                            Parenting Zone
  Your home for
  parenting information
  on Yahoo! Groups.

      .

--
Intellectual property can stimulate innovation, so can war... in both cases the negatives don't justify the 'progress'.... In recent times, humanity has spent more effort in producing smaller mp3 players and cell-phones than clean water and sanitation for everybody... isn't it time to reevaluate how we motivate people?