[CoLoCo] Team Meeting Summary

Emma Marshall emma at system76.com
Fri Apr 4 15:45:21 UTC 2014

Happy Friday Team!

Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting yesterday! We had 21 people in our chat! I want to extend a special thanks to all the volunteers of the agenda items for the monthly team meeting, and all the fabulous advice for Ubuntu outreach. I summarized some of the main points from the meeting and highlighted the volunteers for each item. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you want to jump in and volunteer for anything.

Wiki Update, Blog Posting
Project #1, #2- Create team Shirt Page on wiki, Update TeamReports on wiki with most recent meeting
Wiki Update, Blog Posting Volunteer: John__

Ubuntu Hours
Whether your're in Northern or Southern Colorado, holding an Ubuntu hour at your favorite food/bevarage spot is always a great idea. Talk about recent Ubuntu news, discuss your current projects, or just have some excellent facetime with your fellow Ubuntu fans. Anyone can host an Ubuntu hour and the theme is up to you! Please let the team know on the mailing list with subject "Colorado Ubuntu Hour" and we'll promote your event accordingly. If you need promotional material, install disks or stickers, let Emma at system76.com know prior to your meeting.
Ubuntu Hours Volunteers: TonyNoOne

CD Distribution: Involves distribution of official 14.04 LTS Install Disks. If you attend local Linux meetups, hang out at libraries or if you are on a college campus or area where masses of people frequent, leave stacks or personally distribute and physically putting Ubuntu in a Human's hands.
CD Distribution Volunteers: Nealmcb, Makyo, Garheade

Team T-Shirts & Badges
An updated Logo and standout, stylish Polo shirt was proposed. There are enough people to buy in bulk, but we are lacking a design. If anyone has any expertise or ideas, please let us know. We want to stand out at every event and any creative ideas are appreciated. Please send your ideas to the mailing list!
Team T-Shirts Volunteer: Emma will work on the logo update, hoping for assistance on the T-shirt design. Joey provided supplier info and will reach out to his friend about the badges.

For May
Does anyone on the team have an active development or Ubuntu-related blog? Let's get everyone's blogs syndicated on Ubuntu-rocks.org like Ubuntu planet does! Please share your URL with us so we can share posts accordingly :) Syndication can help keep the blog alive, but a content plan would be an awesome consideration for May...

Kind Regards,

Emma Marshall
System76, Inc.
Phone: 720-226-9269
Fax: 720-227-9825
System76 Facebook :: System76 Twitter :: System76 Google+