[CoLoCo] Ubuntu-us-co Digest, Vol 60, Issue 10

Frank C Pauciello frankc.pauciello at wreckedevelopment.com
Wed Jun 6 20:11:52 UTC 2012

Howdy Chuck,

Having never used a MailStation I don't know of a direct replacement, however depending on how basic you're looking to go a command line only install can be done. From there a text only email client can be installed such as Mutt, Pine, or Alpine.

Now if you're looking for something that does have a bit of a graphic interface, and is ridiculously easy to use check out Kubuntu netbook plasma. It's pretty much just widgets and you could set a page to display only widgets that are of use to her.

I apologize not being more helpful, these are just two ideas that popped into my head. Perhaps someone knows of a better solution. But should you decide to check out any of what I mentioned I'd be more than happy to help any way I can.

Kubuntu netbook plasma: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Netbook

Mutt email client:
http://www.mutt.org/

Pine email client: