[CoLoCo] Shuttleworth: Introducing the HUD. Say hello to the future of the menu.

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Thu Jan 26 22:08:59 UTC 2012

On 1/24/12 10:49 PM, Ian Santopietro wrote:

> It feels faster and more stable than Oneiric right now. I would keep
> an 11.10 installation as a backup, but trying it on a separate
> partition is definitely a good idea.

Precise has been WORLD'S more stable even in the alpha phases than
Oneiric is in its released form.  I would recommend everyone upgrade.
They're putting more thought into stability and quality, so it's rare
that things will break, and if they do, it's only a matter of hours
before its fixed.

I'm running it on my main development machine with all of the odd
corner-case customizations and it's resulted in less downtime than Oneiric.

Cheers,
Paul