[CoLoCo] Meeting tonight (Thu) on 'Technical Skills Certifications: Why, what, and how?'

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Thu May 12 17:39:45 UTC 2011

Our own David Willson will be talking tonight at the Boulder Linux
Users Group:

 http://lug.boulder.co.us/

Summary of 'Technical Skills Certifications: Why, what, and how?'

I intend first to discuss intelligent reasons why I believe that
techical people should pursue certifications that are relevant to
their
career goals.  Then, I (and a guest or three) will discuss
certifications we have, what they cover. And last, I will discuss very
specific strategies in developing skill-sets and acquiring
certifications.

Pre meeting food

Please join us informally for a bite to eat at Panera Bread before the
meeting, around 5:30 P.M.  Panera is in the 29th street mall, east of
Highway 36/28th street near Walnut.

David, and David, can you get together so David can bring perhaps 20
CDs for the meeting tonight?  Especially if there are server cds.

And I want some too - maybe 10 or 20?

So that would be 30-50 for David + BLUG + me :)

I hope to make it tonight, but will probably be late.

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/