[CoLoCo] Linux - Oh how I missed you.

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 01:34:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM, David Overcash
<funnylookinhat at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 - 32 or 64 Bit?  Keep in mind I need Flash - and would prefer to be able
> to watch Hulu and whatnot...  last I heard the 64-Bit Adobe Flash didn't
> work with several online video players.  Also - I plan on running WINE to
> play World of Warcraft - will trying to run everything in 64-Bit be a total
> pain?

When I ran 64-bit sidux (extremely cutting edge) everything including
flash worked as expected, but then this was a desktop system, so I
don't know about wireless. Other distros, nothing much worked.

Unless you are running a gigantic database or an application with
gigantic memory requirements, you won't see any benefits. Some things
may even be slower since the load modules are effectively larger.

Stick with 32-bit.

There will come a time when 64-bit is a no brainer and even 128-bit is
possible, but now is not the time (IMO) for the heartaches.

--
Collins Richey