[CoLoCo] Beagleboards and hairbrained ideas

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:36:20 UTC 2011

> I'd go with
>
> A) a Panda Board  using HDMI.  They have a project for this
> http://pandaboard.org/content/panda-tablet
>
> B) gumstick with a touchscreen
> http://www.gumstix.com/store/catalog/packs.php
>
> And run Linaro (linaro.org).  Linaro is the upstream of Ubuntu on ARM
> and we (yeah I work for them now) specifically do this stuff :-)
>
> Joey

Come Natty - the Unity touchscreen interface should be pretty slick too - so
I would definitely stick with Ubuntu ( as opposed to Android - especially
given the pain of a time you'll have figuring drivers out that will most
likely not exist for your hardware ).  Ubuntu comes with the Gnome On Screen
Keyboard - I believe you can setup it's activation toggles within the
Accessibility settings.  More info here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility

+1 on Linaro - from what I've seen it looks very cool.

+1 on seeing this thing in action!

And if you can figure out getting LCARS setup in some fashion like this guy
- I'll buy one from you! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4n0p7Z4jA

Cheers,
David