[CoLoCo] Sendmail Relay / Forward

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 17:28:18 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 09:59 AM, David Overcash wrote:
> Hey Guys - I'm having zero luck with google and IRC on this one...
>
> We're migrating to an external mail service that provides access via
> SMTP - and rather than change our credentials (which were hardwired by
> a previous programmer) in dozens of files, I would like to simply
> forward all requests for that particular mail user to the external
> mail service using a SMART_HOST.  Is this possible?
>
> Basically the goal is to do this within sendmail:
> user1/pass1 @ localhost --> user2/pass2 @ external_host

This sounds like a standard .forward file to me, just set up the forward
on the user directory on the mail server.

If the emails are being generated locally and forwarded to the local
email server, you can also set that user up as an alias in Postfix.
PostFix can forward to an external host.

Or am I not understanding the question?

Kevin