[CoLoCo] Ultimate set top box?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Sat Jan 1 19:19:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Chomafin <chomafin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Check out xbmc. It is the best out in my opinion. Boxee is another, its
> forked from xbmc, and they make their own hardware. My boxee box will be
> here next week... so excited. Xbmc is open, and they have a live xbmc/ubuntu
> iso avil even.

I thought xbmc was for use on the xbox or could be installed on other
hardware - like your own box. Is there an actual ready to go box out there?
Googling doesn't pull up anything. Let me know what you think of the Boxee
box. I've read mixed reviews. Also, no Netflix is kind of deal breaker for
me. I don't want to hack something. I hacked my Apple TV and it's not the
best solution by a long shot and, of course, no Netflix.

Thanks for the tip though. I may have to just by an htpc and install my own
software.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----