[CoLoCo] programer needed for small job

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Feb 10 03:10:13 UTC 2011

I am looking for someone who would be willing to write a program or script
for me for hopefully not a lot of cash. It's part of a research project.
Details have yet to be worked out, but the basic idea is a program that can
extract edits in Wikipedia for individual users and tabulate the frequency
of edits and the relevant articles. For example, user X has 500 edits. List
all the articles, count the repeated occurrences, sort by most frequently
edited articles and display the number of edits for each - preferably in an
easy to read table. This could be done by hand by dumping into a spreadsheet
and doing a lot of manual scrubbing, but when done with dozens, maybe
hundreds, of users the amount of work could be quite a bit. Perfect job for
a computer. Also, in order to not have things change in Wikipedia while
doing this, it may need to be run on a stored copy of Wikipedia rather than
the live version. Not sure that matters or not.

If this sounds like something you could do, please let me know. As I said,
details have yet to be finalized so the above description may not be
entirely accurate. However, that is the basic idea.

Thanks.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----