[CoLoCo] Help! Currently stuck doing configuration during grub-pc upgrade

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Thu Apr 21 02:51:14 UTC 2011

While doing a routine upgrade, prompted by Update Manager, I was
suddenly faced with a dialog for dealing with a conflict between some
grub-pc config file and my existing config file. After answering a few
questions, I am now stuck in a dialog that I don't know how to answer,
but the "back" button is grayed out. I don't know how to proceed -
scared to give the wrong answer, scared to kill the process, etc.

See this bug for the full description, with a screenshot:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/768013

I want to install some more packages, but while this continues, apt is
locked and I can't....

Any tips would be appreciated.  Not sure how I'll proceed here....
right away via email since I'm subscribed to it.

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/