[CoLoCo] Unity decision: (Fwd) Default Desktop Experience for 11.04

Simon Engelbert engelbert.simon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:22:03 UTC 2011

But from what I understand you can't run Gnome 3 Shell and Unity side by
side in 11.04. The Gnome 3 Shell packages break Unity

I took Gnome 3 Shell for a test drive last night and must say that I prefer
it over Unity as of right now. It just looks cleaner, more intuitive and has
some pretty cool features to it. Both are going to take some getting used
to, but I am actually excited about both....and they will push each other to
create better products. I think I will try to install Gnome 3 on 11.04 once
there is a more stable PPA

-Simon