[CoLoCo] Natty Narwhal (11.04) Release Party

Ian Santopietro isantop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:03:20 UTC 2011

It's at Louisiana and Perl St, near the highway and the Louisiana - Perl
light rail station.
On Apr 4, 2011 11:36 AM, "Nick Post" <nickjpost at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is the setting for the release party located? I haven't heard of
Hanson's Pub

> Nick Post
>
> On Apr 4, 2011, at 11:10, David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm still working on scheduling, but I would estimate that we will start
officially around 6:30 and go through 9 or so.

nelson.ingersoll at email.com> wrote:
>> I presume the April 1st immediately following the official April 28th
release was a premature April 1st joke and you really meant May 1st.

>> Regards,
>> Nelson
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:09 PM, David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hello Everyone!
>>
>> We're beginning to plan the party for Natty Narwhal as it's release is
around the corner (officially at April 28th). As of right now the plan is to
have it on the Sunday immediately following the release (April 1st) in the
evening at Hanson's Pub. That location seemed to work really well for a
large majority of our members last time.

>> However - rather than simply have a social-hour where we exchange names
and favorite tidbits about Ubuntu, I was hoping to have a short presentation
or two on Ubuntu - and Linux in general. Would anyone like to volunteer to
talk about something (anything) for around 10-15 minutes that the rest of
the group would be interested in? Some topics I have come up with are Unity
(the new interface for Ubuntu), Wayland ( the new X Window Manager ),
LibreOffice vs. OpenOffice, etc. If you have ideas and would prefer to not
share them with the whole group until presentation, feel free to email me
directly.

>> On last note of business - in order to reserve the room I need to be able
to guarantee $400 of business. We hit that pretty easily last time with the
30 or so people who showed up, so if you're a definite "YES" on showing up -
please reply saying so.