[CoLoCo] Untangle Linux multi-function firewall

Andrew Barney keen101 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 04:03:56 BST 2010

http://www.untangle.com/

I stumbled across this neat little project the other day. I'm
wondering if anyone has used it before. I think it's a neat idea,
considering all it;s supposed to do.

It's supposed to combine many Open Source projects, so you can have
Virus blocking, Website blocking, Ad blocker, Spyware blocker,
Firewall, Reporting system, policy management, etc...

I guess you can either load this onto a computer and put it between
your gateway and network, or you can use this as your server by
itself. It seems to be marketed toward schools, but seems neat for use
by individuals and small businesses as well.

If anyone has tested it out... How does it compare to Ubuntu Server,
or other similar projects?