[CoLoCo] Linux netbook

Ian Santopietro isantop at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 04:30:00 BST 2010

We're actually putting out a new starling here pretty oon, and it will be
pretty much all new. New design, new specs, new battery life, everything.
We're hoping to have it ready by mid-july. It's actually one of our most
anticipated items in a while.

On 6 July 2010 16:53, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org> wrote:

> I've considered sys76 and I love that they are Linux friendly/supportive,
> but, no offense, I've just not been enamored with the design and even
> without the windows tax they are still more expensive (more memory though).
> The Acer has the new N450 processor, a 250GB drive and costs less than $300
> at Amazon and up to 10 hours battery life (not sure if Linux would impact
> that up or down). Thanks for the feedback though. I'll give it another look.
> Also thanks for the info on the Acer. I guess you just paid the ms tax or
> did you try and get the refund?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Simon Engelbert <engelbert.simon at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I love my Acer Aspire One and pretty much everything works out of the box
>> with Ubuntu Netbook addition. Unfortunately I stepped on it last week and
>> the screen is toast. Luckily I should be able to replace it.</sidetrack> If
>> I was looking to get a new Linux friendly netbook I would seriously consider
>> the System 76 Starling http://bit.ly/9eMsjD as it comes stock with Ubuntu
>> and support....plus you are supporting the System 76 too. It also is very
>> customizable which is really nice. I know there were some issues with
>> wireless drivers in the past but I think that might have been resolved
>>
>> -Simon

Ian Santopietro
CEO - Prodigy Games

"Eala Earendel enlga beorohtast