[CoLoCo] Linux netbook

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Tue Jul 6 23:54:43 BST 2010

I have a Starling, and its the best laptop decision I ever made.  It feels solid in the hand, descent (not uber fantastic, but really good) battery life of about 4 - 4.5 hours, and  has Ubuntu on it out of the box... No Microsoft Tax Rebate required.

As for the wireless, yes, its fixed, you need to keep up on the System76 Driver and all is well.

If you want to play with one, I live quite north now-a-days, so Longmont is much, much, closer than it used to be (I now live in Lochbuie).  I will also be at the Meet-N-Greet on Thursday night (Hanson's Grill at the corner of Louisiana and Perl in Denver, 6:30pm), I will have my netbook with me there.  Or, I can come up to Thornton, Longmont, etc and we can meet up then.  Just let me know.

Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer
Computer and Communications Technology, Inc
A division of Japan Communications Inc
(303) 708-9228 x326