[CoLoCo] ubuntu installation problems

Sean Dial tesseractheart at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:34:19 GMT 2010

> 1. Source of the CD. Did you download and burn it? Ubuntu supplied CD? If you burned it yourself, try burning at a lower speed. I always used speed 8 for burning ISOs.

I've tried to a CD that I burned myself. I've also tried an Ubuntu supplied CD. Both had the same result

> 2. Perhaps a cheat code to disable power management? Some PCs have rather strange ACPI (et.) stuff that give's Linux heartburn.

Wow. That's a over my head, I'm a causal user who's just happy that Linux has gotten so easy over the years.

> 3. Have you checked your memory? Let a memory checker run overnight?

Cool thanks. I'll try this. But I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. If I just search for "memory checker" or go to downloads.com will I get what you are recommending? Or should I look for something more specific?

> 4. Have you tried booting some other distro's LiveCD?

I have not. All of my experience is with Ubuntu. Any suggestions as to which one to try, considering that I need something for noobs?

Sean Dial

MSN Messanger - Tesseractheart at hotmail.com

Yahoo Messanger - Tesseractheart

AIM - Tesseractheart