[CoLoCo] Not sure I contacted the right person at Canonical

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Tue Sep 8 22:42:11 BST 2009

Hey Joey, can you play traffic cop for a second.... Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee!

I went to the Canonical website and tried to post a question, but not sure I got the right place.  All the questions on the web form seemed to be much more orientated toward system administrators looking for help, not new product development with an Ubuntu Core.  So I am not sure I posed my question to the right place.

Our latest prototype is reaching a limit of my ability to manage this to production.  I work in my lab, and have more than proven that I can make our product work.  At the end of the day, that is my job.  But we are getting prepared to go to Tokyo and discuss both hardware manufacturing, and getting the OS to production level.  My department is my boss (the administration and project management side of the equation), and me (the technical design, hardware, software, and operating system side of the equation).  This is more than I can handle alone, so we are vetting vendors like Canonical, Wind River, and Montavista to help us get the OS side of things stablized allowing me to focus on the other technical issues.

Like I said, I tried sending a message through the website, but it just did not look exactly right... too much focused on Landscape and network administration type issues, not enough on somebody like myself who is looking for a customized Linux -- Extreme Edition.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me in getting to the correct area.

Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer
Computer and Communications Technology, Inc
A division of Japan Communications Inc
(303) 708-9228 x326