[CoLoCo] P2P synchronisation used for backup?

Shawn Perry redmop924 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 01:56:50 BST 2009

Look into pygfs.

On Oct 6, 2009 6:35 PM, "Andrew Barney" <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:

I know there have been many questions about backups in the past, but im not
aware of any that mentioned the use of P2P synchronisation across multiple
computers. Im looking for the following features to perform backups in the
form of synchronisation across perhaps 4 (hypothetical) computers.

-ability to "find each other" and automatically synchronise if something has
changed
-ability to work from 2 computers and more if desired
-ability to synchronise from both (or all 4) sides
-easy to set up (simple GUI is preferred)
- [optional] cross platform is even better, but not needed.

from some quick google searching unison might be what im looking for, but
I'd like to hear of anyone else's backup procedures if similar. I dont know
much about rsync, but it too might be something to look into. I like the
idea of "self-healing" P2P kind of program though.

Any hints anyone can provide?

-Andrew

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: