[CoLoCo] A last linux request for assistance?? hmmm

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:32:48 GMT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:

[ other valuable tips snipped]

> If you can't even boot with the Ubuntu CD, can you wait a week for hands-on assistance?  Dave Anselmi will host another Installfest on Saturday, March 21st.

By all means bring your equipment (you don't necessarily need to bring
a monitor) to the CLUE installfest next Saturday 8:30 - 1:30+ at

Devry University - North -1870 W 122nd Ave Denver, CO 80234-2010

That's near 122nd and Pecos (west of I25 and 120th).

You will find lots of friendly Linux enthusiasts who love to help fix
problems like this.

In addition to the Ubuntu mailing list, where this is posted, you may
want to check out http://cluedenver.org/ and sign up for the clue-tech
mailing list where lots of other helpful folks hang out, many of whom
run Ubuntu by preference. Or even http://lug.boulder.co.us/ or
http://www.nclug.org/ (Fort Collins) if you are further north than the
Denver metro area.

As you can tell from your experience thus far, Linux is not without
its quirks, but if you find the right people, there are answers. All
of us started out where you are - needing to know but not knowing
where to turn. Any of the local groups will be happy to help you.

--
Collins Richey