[CoLoCo] Terminal Emulators

siblog tehsiblog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:09:28 GMT 2009

As I mentioned in a previous email I recently was able to load up Ubuntu
(now CrunchBang) on one of my work desktops and am trying to find apps to
replace all the apps I used on my old Windows box. On my old windows machine
I used PuTTy for ssh connections and reallly liked the copy/paste
functionality where you could highlight text and it automagically copied it
to the clipboard and then a right mouse click pasted the text. **I am trying
to find a terminal emulator that has the same highlight copy/paste
functionality as PuTTy. I know I can install PuTTy on Linux but I was
looking for one Terminal Emulator that will handle everything (local, ssh,
etc). I am currently using Terminator and though I really like the
functionality to have multiple tabs/splits I really miss the copy/paste
functionality of PuTTy. Anyone know of any other emulators (konsole, guake,
tilda, etc) that might have this functionailty?

-Simon