[CoLoCo] Looking for a good file tagger for Ubuntu?

Ringo ringo at coimc.org
Sat Jan 24 07:04:41 GMT 2009

Hey all,

I'm looking for a program to help organize all my files as I've got a
lot of them. For a long time I've been putting things in a huge folder
hierarchy and using that to keep track of them, but it's no longer good
enough.

Basically, I'm looking for a program that can keep a db of files that I
add various tags to. This is similar to a photo management program where
you can say "2008" and "Guatemala" and "Old camera".

Does anybody know of a program that can do this for files that isn't
limited by file type?

Thanks,
Ringo