[CoLoCo] Recent Mac Purchase

Kevin B solelist at skyshadows.net
Thu Feb 19 20:37:45 GMT 2009

When I last used fusion unity was only supported for windows guest operating
systems.  The Linux ones didn't have the option.  It has been about six
months since I've had a Mac, so that might have changed with the new version
of fusion.  My original plan with my Mac was to run it, vmware fusion +
unity with win xp, and a barebones linux vm and ssh into it... I ended up
running into too many memory and io issues and scrapped the idea.  Now that
SSDs are starting to become affordable and you can put 4GB of ram in a
macbook, I'm almost tempted to try this idea again.