[CoLoCo] Recent Mac Purchase

Thu Feb 19 19:29:43 GMT 2009

Never mind.  I re-read and realized that Nick's not talking about taking OS X off.  In case I didn't make it obvious, I am all in favor of virt.  I think multi-booting is a pain in the ass.  I wish Apple would sell a virtual OS X appliance for VMware.  I'd buy that.

David L. Willson
Network Engineer
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS

----- Original Message -----
From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>
To: "Ubuntu Colorado Local Community Team" <ubuntu-us-co at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:09:30 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [CoLoCo] Recent Mac Purchase

Help me out here.  What is the point of buying a Macbook and putting something else on it?  To spend more?  You know that Linux runs on much less costly laptops, so why bludgeon a functioning install of 10.5 or whatever, that you just ~paid for~?

Virtualization, sure, but kick OS X off the hardware?  What's the point of spending all the extra money then?