[CoLoCo] system76 Starling report

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:53:54 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Andrew Barney <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is supposedly a Kubuntu Netbook Edition coming out soon...  maybe you
> should look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Everything was going quite well when I decided to install
kubuntu-desktop, choosing kdm as the login manager. When I rebooted,
this screwed uo video. I tried to boot using the recovery option, but
this failed to. Finally I reverted to the prior kernel recovery
option, edited the menu.lst and removed all the quiet, etc. options
and was able to come up in kde. The first time, the touchpad was not
working, but this disappeared after a second reboot.

I don't like the way Ubuntu has screwed with the kde setup, so next
I'm going to put sidux on the netbook.

If worst comes to worst, I can always restore the remix.

--
Collins Richey