[CoLoCo] copy of HP's MIE Linux .iso

Andrew Barney keen101 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 08:51:36 GMT 2009

Hey everyone,

i just put together a copy of HP's MIE (customised version of ubuntu 8.04
designed for netbooks) in an Live-CD ISO. I had to create it with
remastersys after copying the restore partition and installing it on an old
computer that was not a netbook since i use Ubuntu Netbook Edition instead
on my netbook. It was actually pretty funny watching it install, because i
guess since the machine was crappy and not an HP it displayed the COMPAQ
logo instead of the ubuntu or hp logo.

But, i thought maybe some of you had been curious to try it in virtualbox.
Plus maybe someone can help host it for other people on the Internet who
want it. I hear HP may actually discontinue it on all thier netbooks soon,
which while not perfect it does seem a shame to waste all that money they
paid canonical to develop it. I am attempting to host it on the same crappy
computer with apache2 at the moment, but if someone perhaps can host it for
awhile that would be cool. Maybe a torrent or the tummy mirror?

I sometimes turn this computer off at night and other times dont turn it on
for weeks, so if you need me to turn it on for a while just tell me.
http://76.76.91.164/hp-linux-8.04.iso