[CoLoCo] Auto-Mounting Disks

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Wed Dec 2 18:07:13 GMT 2009

Nope,

The drive is not in /etc/fstab, and therefore needs to be mounted by root.

Michael... Add the drive to the /etc/fstab file, there are lots of howtos on the web for this.  I would recommend adding it by UUID, so find an Ubuntu centric instructions.  If you want the drive to be always available, options=default should work, if you want to mount it only on demand, add "user" (just you) or "users" (any user) to the mount options.  This would allow you to mount it, and have the mount point owned by you, not root.

Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer
Computer and Communications Technology, Inc
A division of Japan Communications Inc
(303) 708-9228 x326