[CoLoCo] Best Ubutnu Netbook?

Richard Guenther richskyline at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 01:54:17 BST 2009

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:18, Andrew Barney<keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all, i was just wondering what everyone's opinions are on the best
> > Netbooks out there capable of running Ubuntu.

I have two Acer Aspire One's and have been experimenting a lot with them.
Although I was running Ubuntu on them a while ago, I was using Eeebuntu,
which worked pretty well (but slow to boot).  I currently have CrunchBang on
one and the other is getting ready for a trial of Slax.  Think I'll take #!
off of the one and try NBR.  Although #! is very fast and heavily based on
Ubuntu, I'm concerned that there won't be enough support/development for it,
as promising as it is:

http://crunchbanglinux.org/

Richard

Richard Guenther