[CoLoCo] Got VLC Media Player

siblog tehsiblog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:07:55 BST 2009

Don,

I am able to get the all High-quality links for WinAmp (
http://www.jazz88.org/listen.m3u) and VLC/iTunes/Quick Time (
http://www.jazz88.org/listen.pls) to work through VLC and Movie Player. I am
actually able to get the high-quality Windows Media Player link to work
through firefox too surprisingly. BUT I can't get ANY of the low-speed links
to work.

If there really are different versions of VLC that you can download how did
you download/install yours? I installed my via command line (sudo apt-get
install vlc) and then opened up Synaptic (System->Administration->Synaptic
Package Manager) and quick searched for gstreamer. From there I can't
remember exactly which ones I had to install (and which are really needed)
but here is a screenshot (attached) of what I have installed. Hope that
helps

-Simon