[CoLoCo] New [Ubuntu] startup sound

Andrew keen101 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:35:28 BST 2008

Yeah, i think i like the old one. Kind of like an african tune or something.
But, i'm still wondering if this new one is from upstream or something.
Anyone know?

What should i file the bug report under?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:57 AM, David Overcash
<funnylookinhat at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sounds ghetto to me.  Like some kid playing on a synthesizer.
>
> I like the old better!
>
> -David
>
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Andrew <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://keen101.googlepages.com/desktop-login.ogg
>>>
>>> I hope that link works.
>>> Actually I'm not sure if i like it more or not. In the end it really
>>> doesn't matter.
>>> One has to wonder though if it is something from upstream or another
>>> distro like debian.
>>> it was in a folder called "freedesktop" as apposed to the "ubuntu" folder
>>> the old is in. Just for kicks i restarted before uploading it, and the old
>>> one played this time.
>>>

>> I turn off login sounds as I find them annoying. The last thing I want is
>> some loud noise coming from my computer as I boot it up in a library or
>> coffee shop.
>>
>> The link does work.
>>
>>  --
>> Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
>> ----
>> Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
>>
>> --

Please avoid sending me Word attachments. Especially files with the ".docx"
extension.
Instead please try a more friendly format like PDF or
http://odf-converter.sourceforge.net/