[CoLoCo] Any good UNIX books?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Sep 26 15:52:51 BST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:19 AM, siblog <tehsiblog at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have "Unix in a nutshell: A desktop reference cover GNU/Linux, Mac OS X
> and Solaris" (4th edition) from OReilly and actually use it more than I
> expected I would. I primarily use the book as a reference for Unix, Linux,
> Mac OS X and Solaris commands but it has other good sections on Bash/Korn,
> pattern matching, make, package management, Awk/Sed, CVS and more. Like the
> subtitle says the book is more of a reference guide than a book that you
> would read cover to cover so I definitely would recommend it as a
> supplementary book to those that you are looking at below
>
> Here is the Amazon link -
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Unix-Nutshell-Fourth-Arnold-Robbins/dp/0596100299/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222437827&sr=1-1

Thanks for the info. I actually saw that one at B&N but passed it up as I
thought it was too focused on pure UNIX and didn't realize it covered all
the off-shoots as well. I'll check it out but it's a few years old. I'm not
sure it matter much with UNIX but old computer books tend to be, well, old.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----