[CoLoCo] changing subnet mask

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Tue Sep 9 22:43:09 BST 2008

From: ubuntu-us-co-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [ubuntu-us-co-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Jim Hutchinson [jim at ubuntu-rocks.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 8:23 PM
To: mitch at kci.net; Ubuntu Colorado Local Community Team
Subject: Re: [CoLoCo] changing subnet mask

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Mitch Mahan <mitch at kci.net<mailto:mitch at kci.net>> wrote:

Don't use DHCP on the second router.

Connect the second router to the first router via the second routers "LAN" port.

Make the second router's ip 192.168.1.2<http://192.168.1.2>

I actually tried that first but for whatever reason it wouldn't get an ip address. Maybe it's still part of the issue with dd-wrt. Assuming I can get it to work, will computers that connect to the second router still get an ip assigned via dhcp from the first router?

Jim,

I am not sure what you are trying to do, but your setup seems odd to say the least.  Forget what you are doing, tell me exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Kevin