[CoLoCo] Kubuntu Upgrade Advice

Chomafin chomafin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:50:57 GMT 2008

The command you will want to use is :
sudo adept_manager --dist-upgrade

This command should go through and first make a backup source file, then
disable your 3rd party repo's (software sources), go through and update all
official repo's to latest 8.10, and lastly begin the update process.This is
the official method of upgrading from 8.04 to 8.10.  The steps are better
outlined here : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IntrepidUpgrades/Kubuntu

I believe the closer you are to using only official Ubuntu/Kubuntu Sources,
the better  your odds are of upgrading.  But barring that, you'll still want
to remember upgrading is a huge process, and you should always backup your
important information before going through with the upgrade.

Personaly, I like to wade through the install/upgrade forum :
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=333 : before the upgrade to see
if there has been any glaring issues with the newest release.  I think in
the past when there had been major issues, the fix for it has been put out
within the day. So far, I've not heard the blogosphere aflutter with news of
problems, but I've been busy and not yet updated.

Good luck, and I hope this is some help!