[CoLoCo] FFXI Finally Works on WINE

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:50:10 GMT 2008

Jim Hutchinson wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Scott Scriven
> <ubuntu-us-co at toykeeper.net <mailto:ubuntu-us-co at toykeeper.net>> wrote:
>
>     There's not much
>     potential for advancement, but if that matters you can play the
>     karma game on launchpad.  I think it beats mucking about with
>     spells and armor and materia.
>

> And that's a hard game!!! I was up to 30,000 at the beginning of the
> summer and lost over 10,000 since then. Way harder than wow!
You want a hard game, Final Fantasy XI is a very hard MMORPG.  The game
has been and is still is pretty much geared towards parties of 6 players
but its also possible to be successful with just 3 people too.  This
game hates you and your whole family, players don't get a break or an
easy time of it.  Recent changes have lessoned the level grind by quite
a bit but overall progressing the very well put together storyline of
the game is very hard.  Essentially, FFXI is 5 full games in one with
cut scenes just like any other Final Fantasy game except that its
multi-player.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com