[CoLoCo] open office 3

Walter Lamia walterlamia at buildingcoach.com
Tue Oct 14 03:31:02 BST 2008

Yes, I have installed it on Ubuntu 8.04, SUSE 11, and PCLinuxOS 2007.

For best results, uninstall any existing OOo you have, download and
unpack the RPM tarball, and follow the Linux installation instructions
on the download page. One of the easiest product installs outside of a
repository that I have done. If you want the dictionaries to install,
you need to have a Java runtime package installed.

Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> Anyone tried installing this yet? I haven't seen an automatic update
> so I'm guessing we are on our own for a while at least.  I thought
> this was a good review of it
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/review_of_final_openoffice_3_why_buy_microsoft_office.
>
> --
> Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)