[CoLoCo] using windoze drivers for usb scanner on linux

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Fri Oct 10 18:22:04 BST 2008

That scanner is just a USB scanner.  It should (I love that word, the second longest word in the English language after 'if', lol) work fine.  The real issue is getting udev to understand and mount the device.  Look at:
     http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2008/applications/hardware/sane-backends/files/66-libsane.rules
and see if by adding that line to the udev rules, same does not see the device.

HTH

Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer
Computer and Communications Technology, Inc
A division of Japan Communications Inc
(303) 708-9228 x326