[CoLoCo] Fw: 8.10

Darrin Goodman darrin.goodman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 18:59:20 GMT 2008

Scott, if you have a Mac/PowerPC machine, you will need to have the version
of Ubuntu that was built for the PowerPC processor; the CD that you have is
probably configured for the x86 processor.  To echo Nick's links (from his
email below), you can download the Mac/PowerPC version here (*also see the
next link in the lines below*):
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/intrepid/release/

-Or- you can download the Mac/PowerPC iso directly from here (for
desktop/laptop, not server version):
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/intrepid/release/ubuntu-8.10-alternate-powerpc.iso

Download the .iso image from the link above.  Then burn the .iso file as an
"image" with your CD burning software.  If you're not sure how to burn an
image, look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

- Darrin