[CoLoCo] Install KDE 3 on Ubuntu Intrepid

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 18:39:40 GMT 2008

Sorry I'm a little late to reply to this, but it is definitely doable.
 The instructions are here:

Basically, someone has a repository of KDE 3 compiled for Intrepid
that forces out all of KDE4.  I don't think you can do it if you want
just officially supported packages.

I did this on my personal system.  There were a few hickups, mostly
related to my strange video card, but I have KDE 3 on Intrepid running
nicely now.  I'm going through the upgrade/install on my kids system
as I type this.  If that is successful, then my wife's computer comes
next.

The instruction say to install ubutu-desktop first, but I'm trying it
without that now.  I'll post a followup to that article if I'm
successful.

Michael