[CoLoCo] permission question

Darrin Goodman darrin.goodman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:11:52 GMT 2008

> Okay, I'm getting it about right. However, all the directories are set to
> drw-r--r-- (i.e. no x). Is there a way to change the dirs to 755 or 655 or
> whatever is right without doing it one by one? Using -R will affect files
> too I suppose.

I'm not sure that I know of a way to only apply the 755 permissions to
directories only.  I think that most files typically will have
rw-r--r-- permissions, while directories will usually have rwxr-xr-x
permissions.  You might have to set all of this by hand.  The files
will be easier to do because you can use wildcards and change
permissions for multiple files within a directory at one time.

Good luck!

- Darrin