[CoLoCo] can't add user - path exists

Chomafin chomafin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 03:44:44 GMT 2008

I'm not positive, but you might want to try specifying the home directory
when creating the account.  I presume you are using the "user and groups"
dialog from the system>administration menu?  On the "New User
Account"/Advanced tab, there is an option for home directory.  What happens
if you set it as "/home/jim/".  You may need to chmod the path to something
like 777 to allow it to grant access?  That would be my only other thought.
Maybe someone more versed in creating accounts can step in with another
idea?