[CoLoCo] Linux at Free Horizon Montessori (my son's elementary school)

Scott Scriven ubuntu-us-co at toykeeper.net
Thu Mar 20 22:02:42 GMT 2008

* Jeffrey LePage <jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My son's elementary school just got a big grant ...  they're
> going to use that money to buy a bunch of Linux machines.

Nice.  It's awesome to see things like this happening locally.
:)

> We're also planning on a bunch of other open source
> stuff: Koha for the library, AMANDA for backups, etc.

I used Koha a few years ago.  It was pretty nice, and flexible,
though perhaps a bit more complicated than necessary.  The
functions for importing old book data were a bit tricky too, but
that was mostly due to the age and complexity of MARC records.

-- Scott