[CoLoCo] Ubuntu Book

Tue Mar 18 21:19:22 GMT 2008

Kevin,

Are you going to give this book to your Mom?  If you do, would you let me know her
reaction?  I'm one of those people that won't buy a book that's "for dummies", and I put
many, many books back on the shelf for taking 20 words to coat in candy what could have
been said in six.  Damn, I hate being talked down to.  Having said that, I always wonder
how "real users" feel about the sugar-coating.  Are they as repulsed by it as I am, or
is it really something that helps?

--David

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:13:06 -0600, Kevin Fries wrote