[CoLoCo] maybe better than the eeepc

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Mar 13 17:36:09 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Andrew <keen101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want one.  Growing up would have been so much different if I grew up
> with one of these cheap low-end Linux Laptops. I envy this generation.

Dude, aren't you part of "this generation"?

I want one too. Either this or the new 9in eee or maybe the msi wind. Not
sure how all these are going to pan out but I want whatever is the best one
:). I'm curious to see the HP offering too. However, the Dell one looks like
a POS. It's too big. It's just an cheap laptop and Dell is not known for
making something both cheap and good. Here is a review of several of these.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49295979-1,00.htm

I can't understand why anyone would want windows on these though. I want
small simple and cheap. A bloated OS on a bloated UMPC isn't a UMPC anymore.
I so wish ms would just roll over and die (of course I'm just a
troublemaker).

-jim