[CoLoCo] Best backup solution

Chomafin chomafin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 16:03:52 GMT 2008

There is a GNU clone of TimeMachine for those interested ;)  Its called
TimeVault <https://launchpad.net/timevault>  It's up the the beta stage now.

Life hacker did a piece on it a while back.
Screenshots here : <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeVault/ScreenShots>

*TimeVault: Time Machine for Linux * [image: Time-Vault.png]

Linux only: Open-source app TimeVault takes snapshots of system files and
folders and provides an easy to navigate interface for file recovery and
versioning.

Inspired by the infamous Time Machine to be bundled in Leopard, TimeVault
aims to provide the exact same functionality for Linux. Currently lacking
the fancy-pants 3D effects, TimeVault integrates tightly with Nautilus to
provide one-click file recovery. TimeVault is a free download for all Debian
forks (including Ubuntu), however, tread lightly as it's still an early
alpha.